Wednesday, December 9, 2009

325 Final Blog Entry

I've gotten the opportunity to work with a variety of forms of software for this class.

While I have learned a few more functions of Powerpoint, I can't say I am crazy about it. It doesn't seem to transfer well from Mac to PC or from one form of Microsoft Office to another.

I do like Photostory, however. So far, even though we are just in the beginning stages, it seems to be a lot more student-friendly that similar software like Microsoft Moviemaker. I also present it at a workshop for the staff. I found that the staff who are already comfortable with technology were excited about the possibilities for their students. The staff that weren't comfortable with technology were excited that it was so accessible for them. That one is a keeper.

I also found it interesting how much creating an internet page has changed since my last attempt. I tried to teach myself Dreamweaver in the past, and it wound up literally giving me nightmares. I decided to go with google sites to make my web quest. While it is kind of awkward, and not exactly user-friendly, it is a huge step up from Dreamweaver. I'll be curious to see how google sites, or software like it, evolves in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment