Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1st Entry for 325 Class

As someone of Generation X/Y/Millennial depending on which article you are looking at, I find that I am straddling two very different view points of technology. Most of my colleagues are ill at ease with technology and feel more comfortable with print resources. Most of my students are very comfortable with technology...although sometimes they don't realize they aren't using the resources well.

I am an ELL teacher and am currently co-teaching in a 2nd grade and 5th grade classroom. One of my goals for the year has been to integrate the use of technology both in those classrooms, and to introduce my co-workers to some new resources. The 5th grade classroom recently had a document camera and projector installed. We are exploring how to use these tools for instruction. We've also begun a year long project where the students research a state, and instead of creating a traditional report, they will create a movie using Microsoft Moviemaker.

I am interested in gleaning more ideas on how to use technology in the classroom, and how to fine tune some of the tools I've used already.

No comments:

Post a Comment